- Add Maya 2018 support.
- Improve performance on scenes with cloth – twice as fast on some simple benchmarks.
- Improve performance in general.
- Modify mesh quality requirements for “ziva -tissue” and “ziva -cloth” commands. They are more permissive about triangle quality than before, but more picky about manifoldness. The goal is to work with more meshes out-of-the-box while still rejecting meshes that are sure to cause problems.
- Add zMeshCheck command, which can be run without a license.
- Add “rest-scale” to make cloth shrink like shrinkwrap (or grow).
- Add “pressure” to apply an external pressure force to cloth. Pressure and rest-scale are useful for wrapping fascia around muscles.
- Significant performance improvements to tetrahedralization. Previously, we have advised setting zTet.tetSize to a large value and using surface refinement and refinement propagation to get high resolution where you need it. That workaround is no longer necessary and will be slower than setting tet-size directly to what you want. Surface refinement should only be used if you actually want spatially-varying refinement.
- Lazy license checkout. The plugin only acquires a license once a node or command is run, not when the plugin is loaded.
- Mesh analysis checks for negative-volume (inverted normals), which will usually look fine, but completely breaks material attributes, particularly on subtissues.
- Significant performance improvements to zFindIntersections command (menu item “Ziva Tools” -> “Find Intersections”).
- The plugin won’t load in “maya -prompt” mode.
- Random crashes due to invalid internal constraints on cloth.
- Warnings about MEL variable-shadowing happen on plugin load.
- Running mayapy is using an authoring license instead of a batch license.
- A sliding attachment with a subtissue target crashes maya.
- Unstable cloth when rest shape was folded over itself.
- Save and Load zCache dialogs no longer filter for file type when set to “All Files”
|zMaterial||Add restScale and pressure||To support fascia simulation and more general cloth sims. In actual fact, restScale was present in 1.0, but it was undocumented and unsupported.|
|zCloth||Add restScaleEnvelope and pressureEnvelope||To support stable runup with restScale and pressure effects.|
Version 1.0 hotfix 2¶
- Fix crashes or incorrect behaviour when tissue tets are larger than 1 meter across.
- Fix incorrect spurious attachment of cloth vertices to other nearby parts of the same cloth.
- Add zLineOfAction to enable semi-automatic muscle fiber excitation.
- SubTissues - for volumetric material authoring.
- Add zPolyCombine - a fast poly combine node. We use this internally because the Maya polyCombine is much too slow.
- Empty Cavities mode on zTet mesh allows users to create internal cavities in tet mesh. For example, when meshing a fat layer over the entire body, this mode will not fill the rest of the body cavity with material.
- Increased accuracy of tissue mass and stiffness for tets partially outside the tissue surface. Depending on resolution, this can reduce object mass and jiggle relative to previous versions.
- Cloth - our cloth material model is no longer experimental. It is significantly more stable than past releases. It’s not a general cloth solution yet, but it is good for simulating fascia and skin.
- Muscle Excitation is now visualized with a fiber color change.
- Automatic fiber endpoint selection when adding a fiber node. Manual painting is still recommended, but it will paint a default automatically.
- Logging improvements. All logging has controllable verbosity. All logging goes to the script editor and a log file.
- Lots of performance improvements, affecting:
- Simulation caching
- Collision detection and response
- Attachment updates
- Attachment creation
- Material interpolation
- Fix memory leak affecting cloth, volume conservation, inertial damping, and hard attachments/contacts.
- Fix out-of-bounds memory access during tetrahedralization.
- Ziva Menus no longer attempting to load in Batch mode.
- zBones no longer draw when disabled.
- Fix random crash on Linux.
|Add zLineOfAction||Automatic muscle fiber excitation|
|Add zPolyCombine||Fast alternative to Maya’s polyCombine|
|zTissue||Add iParentTissue and oChildTissue||To support subtissues.|
|zTissue||Add serializedCache||To support fast re-opening of scenes. Internal use only.|
|zTet||Change fillInterior from bool to enum.||To support a new option ‘Empty Cavities’. See Tetrahedal Meshes|
|zTet||Remove tetsUpperBound. Add maxResolution.||Same purpose, but the new parameter is easier to explain and understand.|
|zEmbedder||Remove iSolverParams||No longer needed.|
|zCloth||Remove collisionVolume||This never worked anyway.|
|zIsoMesh||Add inputGeometry||To allow a faster and more accurate algorithm on watertight input meshes.|
|Add ziva -addSubtissue||To support subtissues|
|Add ziva -removeSubtissue||To support subtissues|
|Add ziva -lineOfAction||To enable automatic muscle excitation.|
|Add zLineOfActionUtil||To help make rigs for automatic muscle excitation.|
|Add zPolyCombine||To create the new zPolyCombine node.|