Version 1.0 hotfix 2¶
- Fix crashes or incorrect behaviour when tissue tets are larger than 1 meter across.
- Fix incorrect spurious attachment of cloth vertices to other nearby parts of the same cloth.
- Add zLineOfAction to enable semi-automatic muscle fiber excitation.
- SubTissues - for volumetric material authoring.
- Add zPolyCombine - a fast poly combine node. We use this internally because the Maya polyCombine is much too slow.
- Empty Cavities mode on zTet mesh allows users to create internal cavities in tet mesh. For example, when meshing a fat layer over the entire body, this mode will not fill the rest of the body cavity with material.
- Increased accuracy of tissue mass and stiffness for tets partially outside the tissue surface. Depending on resolution, this can reduce object mass and jiggle relative to previous versions.
- Cloth - our cloth material model is no longer experimental. It is significantly more stable than past releases. It’s not a general cloth solution yet, but it is good for simulating fascia and skin.
- Muscle Excitation is now visualized with a fiber color change.
- Automatic fiber endpoint selection when adding a fiber node. Manual painting is still recommended, but it will paint a default automatically.
- Logging improvements. All logging has controllable verbosity. All logging goes to the script editor and a log file.
- Lots of performance improvements, affecting:
- Simulation caching
- Collision detection and response
- Attachment updates
- Attachment creation
- Material interpolation
- Fix memory leak affecting cloth, volume conservation, inertial damping, and hard attachments/contacts.
- Fix out-of-bounds memory access during tetrahedralization.
- Ziva Menus no longer attempting to load in Batch mode.
- zBones no longer draw when disabled.
- Fix random crash on Linux.
|Add zLineOfAction||Automatic muscle fiber excitation|
|Add zPolyCombine||Fast alternative to Maya’s polyCombine|
|zTissue||Add iParentTissue and oChildTissue||To support subtissues.|
|zTissue||Add serializedCache||To support fast re-opening of scenes. Internal use only.|
|zTet||Change fillInterior from bool to enum.||To support a new option ‘Empty Cavities’. See Tetrahedal Meshes|
|zTet||Remove tetsUpperBound. Add maxResolution.||Same purpose, but the new parameter is easier to explain and understand.|
|zEmbedder||Remove iSolverParams||No longer needed.|
|zCloth||Remove collisionVolume||This never worked anyway.|
|zIsoMesh||Add inputGeometry||To allow a faster and more accurate algorithm on watertight input meshes.|
|Add ziva -addSubtissue||To support subtissues|
|Add ziva -removeSubtissue||To support subtissues|
|Add ziva -lineOfAction||To enable automatic muscle excitation.|
|Add zLineOfActionUtil||To help make rigs for automatic muscle excitation.|
|Add zPolyCombine||To create the new zPolyCombine node.|