* Demos: The ZivaRT demos: cheetah, tubeArm, cylinder-zrtCombine
* Docs: The documentation. Open the Docs\index.html file in your web browser.
* Maya: ZivaRT Maya player plugin, capable of playing both .zrt and .zif files.
* ProductionRuntimeSourceCode: Production runtime C/C++ source code, suitable for integration into
third-party game engines. Comes with a zrtPlayer example application.
* Scripts: Python scripts to facilitate TD Maya/ZRTT workflows. The following can/should be used as templates:
"zrttGenerateMaps.py": complete script to auto-generate all maps.
"zrttTrainRig.py": complete script to load all the maps and train a rig.
* Trainer: The standalone trainer with a Python interface.
* UnrealEngine: UE CPU and GPU player plugins.
* Utils: The zrtStats, zrtTranscoder and zrtCombine utilities.
Release Notes v1.2.2, June 16 2021
* Give zrt rig compatibility matrix (product vs asset version) in the documentation.
* Make the vertex proximity threshold in zrtCombine adjustable.
* Fix zrtCombine bug that sometimes produced spurious unmapped target vertices.
Release Notes v1.2.1, June 15 2021
* Improve isolate-select in ZRTT overall.
* Fix the isolate-select bug when in flood-filling mode.
* Improve ZRTT impact map computation GUI.
* Change the impact map from wiggle ROM computation to use pre-skinning space.
* Fix wiggle ROM bugs.
* By default, do not automatically despeckle the patch map before training.
* Fix bug whereby radius indication does not disappear in ZRTT when releasing the middle mouse button.
* Make the zrtCombine rig compatibility thresholds less strict.
* Add ZRTT option for geodesic splitting and despeckling to respect the patch smoothing group boundaries.
If enabled, patches in the patch map that cross a smoothing group boundary will be split into 2 patches
during geodesic splitting; and despeckling will not operate across smoothing group boundaries.
* Fix incorrect tangent space being generated when using Unreal Method rendering in Unreal.
* Fix bug causing patch smoothing to reach too far near skinny polygons.
* Removed support for Unreal 4.25.
* Add Unreal console variables to control debugging (see documentation).
* Fix a crash if no Skeletal Mesh was set in an Unreal binding asset.
* List of ZRTT Python commands/options that have been added:
Release Notes v1.2.0, May 27 2021
* Make it possible for input rigs to zrtCombine to have different sets of extra parameters. Only joints and skinning weights must be consistent now.
* Improve the Python scripts to facilitate TD Maya/ZRTT workflows.
* Make it possible to undock and re-dock the multi-asset table in ZRTT.
* Improve the "Toggle" button in ZRTT to toggle the display of two meshes (ABC, Skinned, ZRT) at a time, as opposed to all three.
Makes it easier to compare meshes.
* Add ability to ZRTT to visualize ABC, skinned and ZRT shapes in the pre-skinning space.
The user can toggle between display in world-space or pre-skinning space.
* The ZRTT's ".zrtTrainerProject" file format has been modified. Project files created with previous versions of ZRTT are not loadable into
this version. If you have saved maps into a .zrtTrainerProject file that you don't have anywhere else, then load the project
using the previous version, save the maps to a disk file, then load them into the current version of ZRTT. Our code changes will allow
us to better preserve the backwards compatibility of ".zrtTrainerProject" files in the future.
* Add keyboard / toolbar shortcuts to ZRTT; by using shortcuts for the paint dialogs and the escape key
one can now more efficiently switch between painting different maps.
* Add a combo box to the scalar field dialog that allows switching between available maps from inside it.
* Fix a rare crash when creating Unreal blueprints from Ziva Skeletal Meshes.
* Add support for LODs in the Unreal plugin; one ZRT asset per LOD.
* Add support for post-skinning tangent recomputation when using the "Unreal Engine" Render Method.
While very slightly slower, it gives much higher quality normals.
* Add support for Unreal Engine render method on all platforms (previously just Windows).
* Unreal Ziva Skeletal Mesh Components which have their Render Method set to "Skeletal Mesh" no longer require a binding asset and will
be rendered using Unreal's Skeletal Mesh system.
* The Unreal License Key is now entered in Project Settings/Plugins/ZivaRT in the Editor.
Release Notes v1.1.0, May 10 2021
* Add a public-facing production runtime C/C++ source code, suitable for integration into third-party game engines.
The source code comes with an example driver application zrtPlayer.
* Remove the "Shape Regularization" training parameter. It is now set automatically on a patch-by-patch basis.
* Add zrtCombine application that can be used to perform various operations on ZivaRT rigs such as restricting a rig to
a part of the mesh, or combining multiple rigs (defined on same and/or distinct meshes) into one rig,
driven by the same skeleton and extra parameters.
* Add ability to ZRTT to train a rig that contains only skinning data and no correctives.
* Add ability to display shape difference along the timeline in ZRTT. The difference can be viewed between:
o Skinning and training data
o Training data and ZivaRT rig
o Skinning and ZivaRT rig
* ZRTT rendering changes:
o Improve lighting.
o Add antialiasing. On by default and adjustable from the command line.
o Change default rendering mode to "solid mesh without wireframe".
o Change wireframe color to dark green.
* By pressing LMB and dragging the mouse left/right while also holding the 'b' button, one can now resize the brush
while painting maps.
* Color shuffling is enabled by default when painting patch maps in ZRTT.
* Change lower limit for patch smoothing iterations to 0 in ZRTT.
* The Unreal plugin now uses a binding asset to bind Unreal Skeletons to ZRT files.
* Reduce UE4 plugin's memory usage.
* ZivaRT deformations can now be run in UE4 editor on Windows.
* Make vertex mapping tolerance an editable property in UE4 plugin.
* Ziva Skeletal Mesh component in UE4 now supports using multiple solvers.
* Disable Unreal Engine's skinning on non-Windows platforms. This allows ZivaRT to run on Nintendo Switch.
* Fix an issue where hair would not get attached to ZivaRT rigs in UE4.
* Fix UE4 crashing when force-deleting Skeletal Mesh / ZivaRT objects.
* Fix UE4 crashing when an incompatible ZivaRT runtime file is used.
* Fix a bug that would prevent opening zrtTrainerProject files saved while the trainer had a working ZivaRT rig loaded.
This fix breaks backwards compatibility with older zrtTrainerProject files. Older zrtTrainerProject files will no longer load.
* Fix painted maps not being saved in zrtTrainerProject files properly.
* Fix ZRTT crashing when loading a zrtTrainerProject file that has multiple motion rows.
* Fix a crashing bug when switching between the Intermediate and Production runtimes in ZRTT.
* Fix ZRTT's radio buttons' state not being reset properly when switching between projects.
* Fix being able to load an FBX file without skinning weights as the first FBX file in ZRTT.
* Clicking on background in ZRTT when having a mesh selected now correctly deselects it.
* Fix in-GUI ZRTT Python bug whereby zrtt.loadCorrectivesMask and zrtt.saveCorrectivesMask were not working.
* Improve error messages when training fails or when trying to load bad impact maps in ZRTT.
* Make it possible to load OBJ files without the corresponding material MTL file, in all ZivaRT applications.
* Remove deprecated application: zrtVertexSubset. It has been superseded by zrtCombine. See the zrtCombine docs.
* Remove deprecated Maya nodes from the zrtMayaToolkit plugin:
zrtPatchDespecklerCmd, zrtGeodesicSplitterCmd, zrtPatchPaint, zrtPatchWeightGenerator.
These nodes have been deprecated since v1.0.0, and are (for Maya painting) superseded by zrtIntegerPaint and Maya's skin cluster,
as explained in the setupMayaPaintNodes.py file in the Scripts subfolder.
Their functionality has been disabled since v1.0.0 and they only serve as storage containers.
If you still have paints on these nodes and no other copy, you can get the paints off these nodes as described
in the v1.0.0 release notes. Namely, load the v1.0.0 zrtMayaToolkit plugin, and use the importExportMaps.py
script to export the data to .zrt* disk files.
* Add tubeArm demo to the Demos folder and documentation, demonstrating a simple elbow ZivaRT rig setup.
* Add cylinder-zrtCombine demo to the Demos folder and documentation, demonstrating how to use zrtCombine.
* List of Python commands that have been added:
* List of Python commands/settings that have been changed: none.
* The docs were updated with the above changes.
Release Notes v1.0.0, Mar 18 2021
This is the first release. See the docs for the supported features.